We visited Bristol library to find information on the Grosvenor hotel. Once a thriving hotel in the area, things went downhill for the hotel when cars became popular and a busy main road was built surrounding the hotel, making it very difficult and dangerous to reach it
For the past 35 years the hotel has been derelict, with constant plans of redevelopment which keeps falling through because it’s such an awkward building to work on, being right next to a main road. Plans are now in action to turn the building into student accommodation however there is an petition currently ongoing for the building to be restored and not redeveloped as it holds a lot of Bristol’s history.
1. Across the road from the hotel is Temple Meads strain station therefore the hotel in a great location for travellers to access.
2. There are many premium hotels near by which are targeted towards business people and individuals with a higher income, which gives us room for offering something different.
3. There are offices in the area which would give potential to cater for these workers.
1. To restore the historic building and use it to provide unique and affordable accommodation to the area.
2. Encourage tourists to explore our city
3. Working with local businesses
4. Providing commuters and local workers with a space to chill out and eat
1. Our idea is community hostel with a café. The hostel is affordable for a younger generation and close to the train station for easy access. We want the hostel to bring people to the city and see what Bristol has to offer.
2. By working with local businesses, we can provide our guests with tickets for unique Bristol experiences such as a street art tour, ferry ride
3. Our café will cater for the hostel guests and will also be open to the public, giving local workers a place to have their lunch break and purchase healthy and wholesome food and drink.
USP: Our USP is that we are an affordable hostel which allows any age/income to visit and bringing tourism to the city.
This was our first logo. We received feedback that it looked too stretched and the it looks like it says ‘Hube’ rather than ‘Hub’. We decided to redesign it.
Our new logo suited the brand better and is easier to read.
Our logo applied to various signage mockups.
Our logo and slogans applied to merchandise mockups.
Our logo, slogans and branding colours on promotional posters.